Close filters

Cash limitations abroad

For transactions abroad (such as sales and purchases at international trade fairs), the legal rules of the country in which the actual transaction takes place are applicable. As such, other cash limits may apply. Cash limits from other European countries can be found on the website of the European Consumer Centre.

In many countries there is no cash limitation, such as (not limited) the United States, Israel and Hong Kong. This means that you are allowed to pay and accept cash in such countries in excess of 3.000 euro.

However, it’s important to bear in mind that when one enters or leaves the European Union with 10.000 euro or more in cash, there is an obligation to declare to the competent customs authorities of the Member State through which one is entering or leaving the European Union. One must use the specific EU Cash Declaration Form (except for France, which has a national form).

The specific forms for each country can be found on the website of the European Commission.