De Beers Diamond Foundation Free Course
De Beers is offering their online Diamond Foundation Course for free
At De Beers Group Institute of Diamonds, they understand the current global health crisis is affecting all industries at all levels. During this time of social distancing and isolation, businesses must find ways to adapt and remain productive. Staying in contact with your members and engaging them may be more difficult than usual during this period, which is why we want to offer our support.
De Beers Group Institute of Diamonds has taken the decision to offer their Diamond Foundation Course for free (normally $250) to the diamond industry.
What is it
The Diamond Foundation Course covers everything from the atomic structure of a diamond to how De Beers Group recovers and sorts rough diamonds. Modules focus on the 4Cs, retail sales skills and the detection of synthetic (lab-grown) diamonds, drawing on the latest findings of De Beers Group Technology. By following this course, students can return to work with a greater understanding and appreciation of the entire diamond industry with the confidence needed to clearly communicate the natural diamond story with customers.
- 8 modules, broken down into 15 - 30 minute chapters
- Interactive and visually engaging course
- Access for four months - giving you the opportunity to revisit topics
- Every topic ends with a short assessment and downloadable study notes
- The course is Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited - after completion you'll get a PDF certificate from De Beers Institute of Diamonds
- Completion of this course makes students eligible to attend the De Beers laboratory-based courses in the future
More information about the course can be found online via this link.
How to join
AWDC has been given the opportunity to offer the Diamond Foundation Course to our Antwerp industry members for free. This is a limited offer, so don't miss out! Apply to be part of this course by registering below, applicants will be notified by e-mail if they are accepted and how to start the course. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.