Security in the Diamond Industry
Security is one of the highest priorities in the diamond trade. The industry is always looking for new employees who are ready to play a part in providing security for the diamond industry. Millions of rough diamonds are traded in Belgium. 50% of all polished diamonds and 84% of all rough diamonds in the world are traded through Antwerp.
Because of the high value of diamonds, security is incredibly important.
Tasks for Security Personnel in the Diamond Industry
Security staff in the diamond industry has a wide range of responsibilities. Many different risks exist - such as theft, burglary, fraud, and illegal operations - which make it necessary to maintain rigorous levels of security. The following are a few of the responsibilities of a security guard:
- Ensure buildings are secure inside and outside;
- Access control;
- Register visitors;
- Open and close buildings, offices, etc.
- Monitor cameras and alarms;
- Provide recommendations regarding the security of buildings and procedures;
- Customize solutions for the specific requirements of the diamond industry.
Security Guard Competencies
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Observational skills and ability to concentrate.
Jobs in the Diamond Industry
In addition to the need for security personnel in the diamond trade, many other types of jobs vacancies exist. If security guard is not the right job for you, but you are interested in working in the diamond industry, be sure to look at the following vacancies:
- Sales and Marketing
- Finances and Accounting
- Transportation and Logistics
Vacancies in the Diamond Industry
Would you like to work in the exciting city of Antwerp, and are you interested in a fascinating job in the diamond industry? Please have a look at the vacancies currently available.