- Registered Diamond Companies
- Your Diamond Business Guide
- Starting a Business in Antwerp
- Conducting Diamond Business in Antwerp
- Diamond Industry-Specific Regulations
- 19. Import and Export of Diamonds
- 20. Anti-money laundering and terrorist financing legislation
- 21. Limitations on cash payments
- Doing Business in Antwerp: Contact List
- Finance and Taxes
- AD Jobs Home
- Antwerp Diamond Tender Facility
- Diamond Office
- Resources and Regulations
- Sponsorship Request
- Brilliant Benefits
20. Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Legislation
The international community has made the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism a priority.
The goals of this effort is to protect the integrity and stability of the international financial system, to cut off the resources available to terrorists and to make it more difficult for fraudulent traders to profit from their criminal activities.
As stated in this section the anti-money laundering legislation is applicable to Belgian diamond traders since the Law of 12 January 2004.
Money Laundering within the local legal system
Consult the Definition of Money Laundering within the local legal system here
Legal Obligation for Belgian diamond traders
Consult the Legal Obligations for Belgian diamond traders here
Need help applying the AML legislation to your business?
Need help applying the Anti- money Laundering & Terrorist Financing legislation to your business, consult here