- Registered Diamond Companies
- Finance and Taxes
- AD Jobs Home
- Antwerp Diamond Tender Facility
- Diamond Office
- Resources and Regulations
- Sponsorship Request
- Brilliant Benefits
- Starting a Business in Antwerp
- 1. Formalities, Registrations and Declarations for Diamond Traders
- 2. Founding a Company in Belgium
- 3. Types of Companies in Belgium
- 4. Methods to Acquire Companies in Belgium
- 5. Commercial Property
- 6. Insurance
- 7. Labour in Belgium
- 8. International Agreements
- 9. Subsidies in Belgium
- 10. Intellectual Property
2. Founding a Company in Belgium
The European Economic Area (EEA) consists of 31 Member States: the 28 EU member states (blue) including Croatia, which became a member on the July 1 2013, and Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (colored green).
As mentioned above, non-EEA citizens and those who are not Swiss nationals must firstly apply for a professional card (beroepskaart) (see chapter on Formalities and Declarations) at the Belgian Embassy or consular service in their country of residence or, if they are already in Belgium, at the recognised Business Counter (ondernemersloket) in the municipality where they live.
Foreigners that are citizens of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) Member State or Switzerland, can set up business in Belgium without restrictions.